Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Springtime and Easter

Spring is kind of here. It just won't stop snowing. At least its usually followed by a bunch of rain, so it doesn't stick around for long but still...On a brighter note the crocuses and hyacinth have bloomed and the tulips and peonies are coming up. I'm so ready to plant my garden, I've cleared the dead leaves from the rhubarb and started turning over the soil in the garden, there's still a lot to do though, so I wish it would stop snowing already so I could finish it up and start planting seeds. The kids don't mind though, they follow me around in the garden grabbing dirt clods and building mud castles for the worms...


One of the few warm and sunny days we've had so far. The kids had a blast running around the yard, kicking balls, and playing hide-and-seek.


Kaylin and Spencer were really big helpers raking up the dead leaves on the grass and in the flowerbeds.


Spencer, Kaylin, and I practiced taking turns with the two rakes. They were really sweet. I didn't get to much done because after about thirty seconds, Spencer would say "Mommy it's my turn!" but it was a lot fun.


Hopefully Kaylin and Spencer will enjoy helping with the yard work for many years to come...A person can dream right?


The kids continue to grow up much too fast. A few weeks ago I registered Kaylin for kindergarten and last week she had her kindergarten screening. She seems really excited for school to start. Spencer wants to go to school too, whenever Kaylin talks about it, Spencer says he's going too, then Kaylin tells him that he's too little and he yells "I not too little, I'm a big boy!!" It's a lot of fun...As much as she's looking forward to school, I think the part she looks forward to the most is riding the bus. Every time Kaylin and Spencer she a bus they point a yell (and I do mean YELL) "Look! A yellow school bus!!" They're almost more excited about the school buses than they are about the garbage truck. Speaking of the garbage truck....Here's a picture to show how much the kids look forward to the garbage truck...when they hear it coming down the street they immediately stop whatever they're doing and yell "The garbage truck!!" and run to the window, no matter what, and I mean no matter what.



Anyway, Jeran now has two teeth, which he likes to bite with. He occasionally feels the need to bite my arm while I'm holding him...I think he finds my reaction funny. You wouldn't think it, but they actually hurt quite a bit. He doesn't feel the need to crawl, which I'm not to concerned about since both Kaylin and Spencer didn't crawl till ten or eleven months. He has, however, perfected rolling. He rolls where ever he wants to be. So far he's limited himself to the family room, but I know that could change quickly...


Kaylin is probably his favorite person (after Mommy, of course). She loves to make him laugh, all she has to do is look at him and he starts laughing.



My cute ones. Unfortunately, I'm not as funny as Kaylin is...Jeran just stares at me.



He was so cute, I couldn't resist snapping a picture.



Our little Snuggle Bear



Lunch just wore him out...I fed him, cleaned off his face, turned around and the next thing I knew he was fast asleep.



The Saturday before Easter, Ryan and I took the kids to an Easter egg hunt. Ryan and I decided to let Spencer participate in the hunt reserved for 3-4 year olds, even though he's not technically three yet and he had a great time. Spencer went into the circle with all the other little kids and managed to pick up a good number of eggs. Kaylin, on the other hand, didn't have a good time. The picture below is pretty much how she reacted to the whole thing...she picked up a total of four eggs and then just stood there scowling. It was probably due to the fact that she got pushed over by the other little kids and it scared her.






After we were done with the Easter egg hunt we went to the park and took some pictures...Kaylin was a lot better once we got away from the enormous crowd. After we got home, we filled some more eggs and let the kids have an Easter egg hunt in the backyard. It went over a lot better with Kaylin. So now the kids have a ton of candy. Thankfully, they're really good about asking permission before they eat any candy so it should last us awhile, so long as Ryan doesn't eat it all...

No comments: