With each of our children, I have attempted to get them to say "mama" before they say "dada" by constantly saying it to them. Ryan, being the good sport that he is usually restrains him self from saying "dada" too often. I almost succeeded with Kaylin, almost being the keyword. I almost had her saying it then one night Ryan had the audacity to tell her to say "dada" and she did. She wouldn't say anything but "dada" for two more months. Grrr. We decided that "dada" is just more fun for them to say. Spencer, on the other hand said "mama" first (that's why I love him more). Jeran is 9 months old and while technically said "dada" first, he said "mama" shortly thereafter AND he says "mama" more frequently. I count that as a win in my book...
Since the weather has finally warmed up, I got out the kids' hats, which they love to wear all the time. Spencer actually put the hat on Jeran, and I couldn't resist taking pictures.
I love this one!
Kaylin and Spencer decided that they wanted to take a nap with Jeran (who wasn't tired), so they got out their pillows and Superman blanket .
After an afternoon of running around outside and playing basketball with Daddy, they just crashed.
I found this at Target for $5 and figured 'why not?' I'm glad I did. He absolutely loves it. Of course the next day I got a parenting magazine that says you shouldn't get them because it can cause balance issues when they start learning to walk. It said that babies who use them learn to place all their weight on their toes. I watched Jeran very carefully and I'm pretty sure he'll be okay.

I just thought this picture was funny. It looks like he just made a mess in his diaper...he didn't, by the way.

1 comment:
Jeran's daddy loved his Johnny Jump Up. I'll let you decide if this is an issue or not!!! Does he still fall down frequently and appear to be tripping on linoleum? (I'm guessing not . . . since he never did!) Granna
Post a Comment