Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Haircuts and Hair color

A few days ago, Ryan buzzed Jeran's hair; we figured it would be a lot easier than trying to trim around his ears with scissors. Sad day, Jeran's hair has a slight curl at the end when it's longer and is super soft; I'll miss it. Thankfully hair grows back, hopefully the little curls will too. After Jeran's haircut, we asked Spencer if we could cut his hair as well. He's always been good about haircuts, even when he was a baby; he just sits there and lets Ryan cut away, so we were really surprised when he screamed "No!" and started yelling that he didn't want his hair cut. We thought it was strange but let it go and didn't cut his hair. A few days later, I asked him if I could cut his hair and he yelled, "No! I want my hair to be brown! I don't want a haircut!" Evidently he thinks that if we cut his hair it's going to turn a different color! Kids are so funny! He must have come to this conclusion after hearing Ryan joke about Jeran's hair turning blond after we cut it (Jeran has the darkest hair of all the kids but has a bunch of blond hairs in the very front). I've been trying to explain to him that his hair will still be brown after we cut it, but he doesn't believe me! Hopefully we can convince him before he gets too shaggy.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Too cute. Thanks for sharing! Mom

Katie @ Creatively Living said...

Well, if you can't convince him...try bribery. It ususally works for haircuts at our house :)